Hi friends, here you will learn the English Grammar No sooner…than . It is used to say that something is happening immediately one after one.
Some solved Examples:
1. He entered the house. He saw a Cobra.
Ans: No sooner did he enter the house than he saw a Cobra.
2. Shilpa noticed him and lost her temper.
Ans: No sooner did Shilpa notice him then she lost her temper.
3. He drank and he was instantly struck down.
Ans: No sooner did he drink than he was struck down.
4. The man fell flat on his face, when he tried to walk.
Ans: No sooner did he try to walk than the man fell flat on his face.
5. When he had said this, in that very moment there appeared before Gajendra a shining person.
Ans: No sooner had he said than there appeared before Gajendra a shining person.
6. The doctor heard it and rushed out of her consultation room.
Ans: No sooner did the doctor hear it than he rushed out of her consultation room.
7. When milk is heated, some of the water in the milk evaporates.
Ans: No sooner is milk heated than some of the water in the milk evaporates.
8. As he approaches, he shakes his hand.
Ans: No sooner does he approach than he shakes his hand.
9. He runs fast to touch it. It goes beyond his reach.
Ans: No sooner does he run fast to touch it than it goes beyond his reach.
10. He was done with left shoe, Sunil asked him for the other shoe.
Ans: No sooner was he done with left shoe than Sunil Asked him for the other shoe.
Questions for your practice:
- The shop opens, I shall buy some milk.
- My own eyes filled with tears when I heard her reply.
- I saw him looking at his watch. I decided to evaluate his wound.
- Gandhiji got up. The king warned him.
- He fought bravely and won a victory.
- The letter would reach there, his mother would come here.
- The king heard the story, he ordered to hang Hirachand.
- He saw the old man. He ran away immediately.
- The fats collected on the surface. A layer was formed instantly
- As soon as Laxmi noticed him, she lost her temper.
- As soon as he drank, he was struck down.
- No sooner had they settled into their sleeping bags than Vikas spoke again.
- No sooner did I sit down and begin to read my book again than I was startled by the cry.
- As he felt his panic rising, Arun tried hard to steady himself.
- No sooner was he free than he started a new life.
- As soon as the water touched his lips, he felt himself struck down.