Hi friends,today you are going to learn how to use Unless and we shall do another English grammars also use if not. We use the conjunction unless to mean ‘except if’.
Rules to use unless:
- At the place of if +not we have to use Unless .
- If not is not given in the sentence then we have to use not i second sentence.
- We have to remove not given in any sentence.
Let’s see solved examples so you can understand how to use Unless.
Solved Examples for You:
- If you do not study, you will not pass.
Ans: Unless you study, you will not pass.
- If the king finds out, I shall not be executed.
Ans: Unless the king finds out, I shall be executed.
- He will be poor if he is not satisfied.
Ans: Unless he is satisfied, he will be poor.
- Unless he meets me, I shall not help.
Ans: If he does not meet me, I shall not help .
- If you do not play, you will not improve.
Ans: Unless you play, you will not improve.
- If you do not speak truth, no one will respect you.
Ans: Unless you speak truth,no one will respect you.
- If you don’t speak English, they won’t employ you.
Ans: Unless you speak English, they won’t employ you.
- My mother does not go to sleep unless she reads something.
Ans: If she reads something, my mother goes to sleep.
Watch my video to understand the English Grammar Use Unless:
Questions for Your Practice:
- They will miss the train unless they hire a taxi.
- Be honest, all will like you.
- If you don’t try hard, you will not get success.
- Don’t avoid study or you will lose your mark.
- If you don’t pay your bills, they will cut-off the broadband connection.
- If you respect others, they will respect you
- If the people are honest, the country will progress.