English Grammars | Change the voice | Active to Passive Voice
Hello my dear students, change the voice is an importance topic in English grammars. So,today we are going to learn change the voice. Before that we have to know the rule to interchange of voice. We have to change active voice to passive voice and passive voice to active voice.
Type of voice
Active Voice (Subject is main)
Passive Voice (Object is main)
Rules of Interchanging of Voice:
Active Voice to Passive Voice
Passive Voice to Active Voice
You can watch my video to learn this grammar :
First we have to learn how change active to passive voice in this post with some examples and in this another post we shall learn to change passive voice to active voice .
Formula to interchange the voice of assertive sentence:
S + H.V. + M.V. 3rd form + by + O + etc.
Change subject to Object
Change Object to Subject
Write the helping verbs as mention below:
If 1st form of Verb, then write is/am/are
2nd form of verb, then write was/were
If ing form of verb, then write being
Change the Helping Verbs:
Change the subject to Object:
Some solved examples:
1. He applied oil on his body.
Ans: Oil was applied on his body by him.
2. I would playfully scare them.
Ans: They would be scared playfully by me.
3. Cricket has given a lifetime of experience.
Ans: A lifetime experience has been given by cricket.
4. Nothing scares me.
Ans: I am scared by nothing.
5. It pleases the taste buds.
Ans: The taste buds are pleased by it.
6. Shubham created a sensation.
Ans: A sensation was created by Shubham.
Click here to learn how to change passive to active voice.
Questions for Your Practice:
- Shivam made history at the Asian Games.
- Protect the hills.
- I am sending you ₨. 500.
- We released Hariya from his cage.
- Experience has taught me.
- The parrot ate same Channa.
- The secretary of the National Rifle Association supported and encouraged her.
- They could observe the deposition of energy forces.
- Youngsters are taking up unusual challenges.
- This caused skin problems.
- I wrote the book to generate interest about bird watching.
- The housewife enjoys cooking.
- Shivam rubbed his head on my cheek.
- The forest and lush green surroundings will bless you.
- They capture it in the morning.